We now return to our regularly scheduled program...

So here we go again. Good thing I'm more dedicated to running than I am to blogging. The Wordpress blog imploded under the weight of my grand idea to aggregate all of the other running blogs and it is now gone, and I've spent the last couple days moving each of my race reports back to the Blogger blog that I first began with.

I considered just letting the whole thing die a much deserved death with dignity, but I figure since I've come this far I may as well just keep on going and see where it all ends -- possibly with a career-ending injury or a heart attack just after crossing the finish line, or maybe there will be a more pleasant outcome such as running my 1000th race when I'm 90 years old (that's the one I'm hoping for).  It's actually been kind of fun, as I moved each race report to the new blog, to reminisce a little about each race. There have been a lot of great experiences and I've been amazed at how many people have told me they've enjoyed the Old Runner blog, so I'd like to keep it going for as long as I can.

I'll fill in some more info for those races in January and February 2011 (listed below) that I just have minimal information on. I probably won't write nearly as much as I have in the past, but will at least try to share some of the fun or unusual aspects of races.

Comments

  1. Keep writing! I like reading this stuff, and it's FAR easier than trying to keep up with you on the pavements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Thanks Ken, but it seems like the last time we were on the pavement together I was trying to keep up with YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Popular Posts

Race #214 - Mount Holly Springfest 5k - Mount Holly, NC - 05/04/13

Race #136 - The Scream! Half Marathon - Jonas Ridge, NC - 07/16/11

Race #143 - Midnight Flight 10k - Anderson, SC - 09/02/11

Race #483 -- Kings Mountain Gateway Trail 5k -- Kings Mountain, NC -- 03/13/2021

Race #174 - New River Half Marathon - Todd, NC - 05/05/12