My 4th Anniversary as a Runner!

It's the 4th anniversary of my first race! This is me crossing the finish line on September 13, 2008. My intention was just to run a 5k race and nothing more than that but I was an addict by the time I hit the finish line. I weighed about 30 pounds more than I do now and my pace was about 2 minutes per mile slower than now, but I still won my age group. Of course, in this tiny race I was the only runner over 50 years old. Since then I decided to keep running, and in those four years I've run a total of 190 races (including 41 half marathons and a couple of full marathons). If everything holds up my goal for the next year is to run 60 races (kind of like "60 at 60" since I'm 60 years old) and reach my 5th anniversary having run 250 races for an average of 50 per year. I'm not sure if I can do that but I'll give it a shot and see.

Comments

  1. Just for the record, it's now the first week of November and I've had a few fairly minor health problems that have kept me from racing on a few weekends so I gave up on any thoughts of running 60 races over that 60-week period of time I mentioned. I just hope I'm still able to be running next September!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Popular Posts

Race #214 - Mount Holly Springfest 5k - Mount Holly, NC - 05/04/13

Race #136 - The Scream! Half Marathon - Jonas Ridge, NC - 07/16/11

Race #212 - Run for the Money 5k - Gastonia, NC - 04/20/13

Race #143 - Midnight Flight 10k - Anderson, SC - 09/02/11

Race #174 - New River Half Marathon - Todd, NC - 05/05/12