My First Attempt at a Running Program
According to the running log I started on March 4, 2008, here’s how the first day of my running program began. My entry read: “Beginning running program. Run-walk on treadmill. Ran .1 mile and walked .1 mile for 30 minutes.” That week I ran a total of 6.2 miles, and feeling pretty good about myself the following week I ran 9.3 miles — three different 3.1 (5k) runs with times ranging from 38:30 to 42:30. The following Tuesday was the final entry: 3.1 miles at a time of 41 minutes. As I remember it, I had painful shin splints that had me limping the whole way. I talked to Nicole on the phone and gave her the news that the old man was just too old to start a running program and wouldn’t be training for a 5k after all.
Comments
Post a Comment