Race #467 -- Apple Festival 8k -- Hendersonville, NC -- 08/31/19
This is my fourth year in a row to run this great 8k in the mountain town of Hendersonville. It's always well managed, and while the course does feel a little hilly, the elevation map says it's really not all that bad. I've won my age group all four times I've run it, but keeping me humble is George Luke, who's now 79 years old and has beaten me 3 of those 4 years, this time by about a minute. He's a phenomenal runner and holds multiple South Carolina state records. It'll be interesting to see how he does next year at 80 years old. I'd love to see him demolish some of the 80+ records. I'm writing this on Thursday following the race and the site says photos will be coming soon so I'm counting on that in my race rating. They always have some great photos taken by the local camera club and I talked for several minutes to two of the photographers whom I'd met before, so I might come back and update this post with a photo or two after the pics...

Comments
Post a Comment